What is Red Dust?
Red Dust is a currency acquired via PvP. It's accepted in the PvP towns of Alzuuda and Denshar to:
- Buy Cosmetic items: like Armor, Mount Armor, and Mount Trophies
- Purchase Cursed Scrolls: used in the Fields of Hatred to get an edge on PvP opponents
- Gamble for real items: similar to paying Gold to the Purveyor of Curiosities, but with Red Dust
Acquiring Red Dust
- Slaying other players: the surviving player can loot the slain player's Seeds of Hatred
- Killing Monsters: harder Monsters, like Elites and Bosses, provide more
- Opening objects, like Chests: the rare Baleful Chest rewards hundreds of Seeds of Hatred
- Finishing Events: although they attract other players, they give hundreds of Seeds of Hatred
Players then purify the Seeds of Hatred in a Ritual of Hatred, a tense 60 second ordeal where the player has to survive other players' and Monsters' attacks.
Once the ritual is complete, the player's Seeds of Hatred are converted (1:1) into Red Dust and safely locked away in their Inventory.
If, however, the player dies before the ritual's 60 seconds is up, they drop all of their Seeds of Hatred and none gets converted into Red Dust.
Can PvE players get Red Dust?
Technically, no. Players wishing to remain PvE ("Player vs. Environment") can enter the Fields of Hatred and participate in some activities, like:
- Killing Monsters
- Opening objects (besides Baleful Chest)
- Collecting Crafting Materials
- Finding Altars of Lilith
And, while doing so, will accumulate Seeds of Hatred; however, these seeds are worthless unless converted to Red Dust, and the only way to do that is via a Ritual of Hatred, which automatically turns the player Bloodmarked (i.e., able to be attacked by other players and can attack other players). Therefore, a PvE player wanting Red Dust can't avoid PvP mode, albeit for a short time.TOP
What can Red Dust buy?
Red Dust can only be used in the PvP towns of Alzuuda (beside the Dry Steppes' Field of Hatred) and Denshar (beside Kehjistan's Field of Hatred). Vendors in both towns have the same items and services.
PvP Cosmetic items
An NPC called the Odds and Ends Vendor sells pieces to a cosmetics set called the Killer's Set.
The Unconventional Mount Armor NPC sells 5 types of Mount Armor.
|Bloody Warlord's Barding||85,000|
|Brutal Wizard's Barding||40,000|
|Cruel Assassin's Barding||40,000|
|Dark Knight's Barding||40,000|
|Demonic Warlord's Barding||85,000|
Also, players can buy 5 Mount Trophies from the Unconventional Mount Armor.
|Bloody Warlord's Warning||75,000|
|Brutal Wizard's Standard||30,000|
|Cruel Assassin's Saddlebag||30,000|
|Dark Knight's Strongbox||30,000|
|Demonic Warlord's Windchimes||75,000|
Lastly, 1 Mount is available for purchase in the PvP towns.
Cursed Scrolls provide PvP players with a significant buff, but also come with a negative effect, making them unpredictable.
|Cursed Scroll of Chaos||1,200|
|Cursed Scroll of Recklessness||800|
|Cursed Scroll of Tranquility||800|
Gambling for real items
Players can gamble their Red Dust for (non-cosmetic) items at the Unsavory Oddities Vendor, a PvP town version of the Purveyor of Curiosities.